Inspired by all the new Microsoft Designer avatars that I’ve been seeing around, I used the tool myself and I was pleasantly impressed. I had to experiment with it a little bit as this was the first time I was using it and the results were not as expected in the beginning. Over the time, I realized that the more detailed and accurate my prompt was, the closer to reality was the result.
It is true that we live in the era that AI is more into our lives as ever. Using AI models has proved to have many benefits for companies but also for individuals. Processing such a large amount of data in a short time in an accurate manner can help a business make better judgements. Repetitive tasks can now be automated thanks to AI, which can lead in freeing the hands of employees as well as reducing the risk of errors. Therefore, knowing how to use an AI tool effectively is a huge asset nowadays and the first step towards that is mastering prompt messages.
AI prompt messages are simply text inputs that guide an AI model to generate a desired output, in the context of a story, a poem or a photo. Their effective use is crucial for getting the best out of generative AI so as to create new and original content from scratch. In this blog post, we will dive into some tips on how to write efficient prompt messages, and how these can help you get the desired result out of AI.
- Start simple. Start by writing a general sentence and then try adding more and more elements into it.
- Use a picture or an image to help you describe what you see. Write as many details as you see in the image or use your imagination to come up with a possible scenario. For example if the image is from a beach in Italy, write about the colour of the sea and the sky, if there are waves or how sunny it is.
- Experiment with different prompt messages. If the initial message doesn’t bring the desired outcome, try to switch or add a few words until succeeding.
- Write short sentences to describe the context. It is better to write short and simple sentences than to come up with a huge and complex paragraph. This technique will help AI better understand what it is that you want.
- Use Templates. Use an existing online template to create your prompts faster. If you cannot find online a good enough template, try using one as the base and then work from that point on.
- Be specific – Add as many details as possible so as to get a result as close to reality as possible and avoid using general phrases. There are not any key words that will help creating a more effective desired result. It is more important to use a descriptive format on your prompt.
Instead of this:
Cartoon woman with a smile on the front, brown eyes and long brown straight hair. In an office background with big glass windows and red details.
Cartoon woman with a smile on the front, wearing a leopard silk shirt, arms folded, posing on the left side, brown eyes and long brown straight hair with blonde highlights. Left side of hair behind the ear. In an office background with big glass windows and red details.
To conclude, mastering the art of creating effective prompt messages is a skill that can greatly enhance communication and engagement. By incorporating the tips discussed in this article, you can elevate the impact of their messages, ensuring clarity, relevance, and a positive recipient experience. As we welcome the AI tools more and more into our life, embracing these strategies can lead to effective results for our everyday tasks as well as our businesses. Let’s make more meaningful connections and successful communication in a world where effective messaging is truly important.
Just remember to be creative and have fun with it!
Link to my prompt template: Microsoft Designer Prompt Template